Monday, September 12, 2005




This is my weekend update! With all the talking in my knitting group - knitting chicks - I just had to make this hat for my brother in law for Christmas. http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTtychus.html It was really easy, but it turned out a little big, but not too bad. Next time, I will use a size smaller needle.

Now, the next project - a water bottle holder (bet your wondering if I have completely lost my mind). Wee, to start with I needed help changing the pattern from crochet to knit...enter Celia from knitting chics...wow is she amazing...she converted the pattern in like 10 minutes. Wow!!! Thanks so much Celia. Anyway, I just had to make it. I followed the pattern and it was perfect - EXCEPT - I HATE HATE HATE the homespun yarn...it looked so bad to me. I just couldn't throw it away...so I added ears, and catnip and made a toy...that my dog stole on the cats. Oh well...at least someone likes it.
My cat is playing with it as I type this now...of course, when I don't have a camera in my hand. Figures, huh?

Now...what to knit now? Probably another water bottle holder in a different fiber.

3 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Finally got the pictures to come up on my home computure! WOW great work- and cute dog.. hee hee.
That hat is a trip- keep up all the work.. Knitty Ness a Knitting Chick

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Crazy Knitter said...

Thank you! :) I am totally addicted to this craft.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Love the cat (uh, dog) toy. I was going to ask you how you made it but then I kept reading and I think I can figure it out. I have 7 cats and need all the recreational activity I can get. Very cute kitty (and doggie). I hear what you say about loving the craft!....just wanna craft, Cathy M (that's the name of my blog--minimal as it may be--I'm too busy reading everyone elses and I need a good digital)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting