Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The finished KAL...slightly altered...


I just finished the Mid Month KAL. I love the pattern, but it was just a little to large and long for a washcloth to me...so, I changed it into a finger tip towel. Isn't it cute? Is it perfect? Nope...but I love it.

Cannot wait until the next one. :)



I have had many people ask me how I did the towel portion of the dishcloth...so, I will explain. PLEASE keep in mind I am not a designer...in fact, this is the first thing I ever attempted to change. I had no idea how to decrease in seed stitch without making all the stitches all goofy, so I made the decrease stitches stand out, so the difference in pattern would appear 'intentional'. So, here it is:

Towel option….

K2tog tbl = Knit 2 stitches together through back loop.


Seed 17, k2tog tbl, k18

Seed 10, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 9, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 8, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 7, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 6, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 5, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 4, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 3, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

Seed 2, k2tog tbl, repeat to end

9 stitches remain

Seed for approx. 4 inches

k2 tog, seed stitch to the last 2, k2tog

next row – seed stitch

bind off.

Leave last loop on needles, with crochet hook, chain 10, fasten to other side, as button loop.

Sew on a button. Enjoy!



8 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Carol said...

What a great idea! Very nice change.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea! I was feeling the same way...that it was too long to be a washcloth but never would have thought of turning it into a towel as I've never knitted one. I'm going to give it a try. Now I feel this will make a much nicer gift for someone! Thanks again!!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Crazy Knitter said...

Thank you!

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love what you did with this cloth.Many thanks for the directions on how to convert this, I am going to give it a try this evening.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Excellent idea! If mine comes out that size I think I'll do that to it as well. Thanks for you posting your alterations.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger midgeling said...

Hey - now that you did this, you ARE a designer! LOL! Designing seems to start out with small changes to existing patterns at first, then when you have enough confidence, you start doing it your way from the beginning. You did a great job!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

I had the same idea but I think I'm going to make a hand towel instead.

Your's is very cute!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wanted to try this but I'm sorry, I just don't understand the directions. repeat k2bl or k or seed? Is it really seed on one end and k on the other? Sorry if this is obvious, I'm just struggling here. Thanks for any help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting